Responsible for the overall control of the Groups (Holding Co, Place UK, Phaseolus) Finance function delivering shareholder confidence in the company’s financial performance. You will ensure that the long-term interests of shareholders, colleagues and customers are secured.
As the Finance Director, you will give guidance and constructive challenge to the Board and senior management team, providing insightful reporting and advice, which supports commercial judgment. This is a Board level appointment where you will contribute to the strategic plans and ongoing success of the business.
- Provide ongoing leadership, and development to the Finance team, driving continuous improvement and performance, which in turn delivers outstanding service to the business and its customers.
- Ensure that the business is compliant, has detailed management information, and contribute to strategy.
- Through robust processes and controls ensure the delivery of accurate, timely, and compliant reporting, risk management, and audits.
- Provide business intelligence and performance reporting on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to both operational and commercial teams.
- Deliver a robust budgeting process, which aligns to the business plans, and which is monitored through regular forecasting and analysis.
- Work closely with sales teams to ensure accurate pricing and costing models are adhered to.
- Develop and constantly evolve business intelligence tools.
- Developing financial integrity across all systems and procedures by ensuring they are robust and fit for purpose.
- Working with the Board implementing strategic projects, both within the finance department and across the business ensuring added value, whilst also managing risk.
- Ensuring that capital investments are financially robust and shareholder investment is protected and enhanced.
- Responsibility for and development of Business Systems (ERP review of SAP) and Reporting (primarily Power BI) tools to maximise impact of the reporting.
Short term projects & key focus:
- Work with the Financial Controller to shape the finance team, processes, and systems focusing on modern approaches to deliver outstanding service to the business and customers.
- Review the current SAP system and make recommendations for upgrades or a new system.
- Work with the Board to create a three-year strategic plan.
- Work with the commercial teams to build financial models to support decision making
- Improve the reporting accuracy and speed of available management information
Skills & Experience:
- Qualified Accountant who can demonstrate a track record providing financial leadership, advice and strong governance within a medium sized business.
- You must be sensitive to the family business origins taking a long-term view to sustainability by fostering the right balance between process, people and entrepreneurial environment.
- Manufacturing experience is essential.
- Pivotal to your success will be exceptional leadership / people skills, and the ability to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Hands-on, commercially aware financial leader with the confidence, experience and diplomacy to take an active Board position driving operational performance.
- Evidence supporting commercial judgement through business partnering at Board level. A passion for bringing the numbers to life to help senior management make the right business decisions based on ROI analysis.
- Extensive systems knowledge and previous experience developing an ERP and business intelligence tool.
- Proven negotiator.
- Conscientious, diligent and competent.
- A team player, somebody who puts the interest of the company, your colleagues, and customers first at all times
- Strong commercial judgement.
- Commercial acumen.
- Strong empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Solutions led with natural affinity to problem solving combined with a passion for continuous improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator.